» PVP Prometeum regalia vs Vermillion grip
Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:17 pm by Miale-Sempai

» NPC fight no3
Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:15 pm by Miale-Sempai

» NPC fight no2
Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:12 pm by Miale-Sempai

» AWRP First fight (NPC)
Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:11 pm by Miale-Sempai

» Make An Appointment With Sunray Architect!
Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:40 pm by AncientHalo

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Gamers Converge

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gamers Converge

Post by Kuro on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:35 am

A normal bustling day of bright sunshine greeted the shoppers of the town. All kinds of people could be seen walking about either alone or in groups checking out whatever caught their fancy. Among them walked a lone student. Kuro Akarui was awkwardly making his way through the mall heading towards the game shop. With school out for the day and his friend Akira busy with his own stuff, Kuro had decided to check out the shop and see if there was anything worth buying.

Coming to the store entrance, Kuro made his way inside. The inside of the game shop was much more relaxing in his mind. None of the loud hustle and bustle of the main walkways of the mall invaded his lightly inhabited habitat for gamers. Only a few other customers were currently in the store. This put Kuro at ease as he didn't like crowds that much. Since he had no particular game he was looking for, he began his visit by aimlessly perusing the shelves and monitors, just browsing to see if any game or software jumped out at him.

Character Name: Kuro Akarui
Duel Avatar Name: Wisteria Banshee
Level: 1

Stats:
Total Base Stat Points: 8000

STR: 35 (C)
       DIR: 20 
(D)
       AMR: 15 
(D)
TAC: 85 
(B+)
       SPL: 70 
(B+)
       INT: 15 
(D)
AGI: 50 (B)
KG: 30 (C)
BW: 25 (DIR -> SPL)

ATK: 90 (B+)
DEF: 30 (C) 

EA's in Inventory:
Kuro
Senior

Character Stats
Name: Wisteria Banshee
Burst Points:
100/300  (100/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gamers Converge

Post by AliceAlabasa on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:51 am

Alice was happily walking along with a smile on her face as she made her way towards her favorite game shop, it was a pretty well stocked place and it tended to have something she was looking for. As she made her way in front of the door she stopped and grabbed the handle, gently and a little awkwardly opening the door and making her way in side. Silently she walked towards the cashier and began to strike up a conversation with them, asking things like how are they and have they gotten any new games recently. When he informed her that there were a few new games she smiled and went to check out where he pointed for them.

She had a sweet smile on her face as she looked through the new games she hadn't even heard of yet, she never really pays much attention to advertisements after all. Usually she hears about games from friends and such. When she picked up one game she couldn't hold back talking "That made a squeal to this? Hehe, alright this should be fun!" her voice was full of excitement as she took that game, and a few others to the register, and bumped shoulders with Kuro "Oh, sorry."
AliceAlabasa
Starter

Character Stats
Name: Fern Acrobat
Level:
Burst Points:
300/300  (300/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:20 am

"Oh...?"

Kuro let out a surprised gasp as he felt another person bump past him. He immediately turned and gave a sharp bow.

"I'm sorry for getting in your way."

Kuro then took a step back and got a good look at the girl he'd collided with. Taking a moment to think about it, he was pretty sure that he knew her from somewhere. His face narrowed in concentration, finally lighting up with realization.

"Wait, you're Alice Lynn from my class."

Kuro didn't interact with other students at school much, as he was extremely socially awkward around most people due to bad experiences and a limited amount of common discussion material. Even this foreign girl was a mystery to him besides her name. He had to admit that he was surprised that she was a gamer.

"So...you like to play games too.....?"

Stats:

(D)
(D)
(B+)
(B+)
(D)

EA's in Inventory:
Kuro
Senior

Character Stats
Burst Points:
100/300  (100/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceAlabasa on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:30 am

She blinked as she watched him as she said her name, she nodded and said "Yes, I'm Alice." In a sweet voice as she then replied with "Hey, aren't you Kuro Akarui?" Alice had seen this guy in her class, he seemed to be pretty quiet as well maybe he had trouble talking to people to?

"Oh, yeah. I'm a gamer alright!"

Her smile got real wide as she said that, she began to wonder what kind of games he was into? Maybe this meeting of chance could lead to a friendship being formed? She smiled more as she thought that. It would be nice to have more friends then just Kaito and the few others.

"Hey Kuro, what kind of games do you like?"

She said as she checked if he was carrying in games in his hands as well, and then checking back at her own hands to make sure she didn't accidentally drop one of her own games, wouldn't that be embarrassing. Alice discreetly shook her head to snap back into reality and out of her thoughts.
AliceAlabasa
Starter

Character Stats
Level:
Burst Points:
300/300  (300/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:52 am

Kuro was shocked to say the least. Not only for the fact of someone besides Akira easily getting along with him in person, but also at Alice's energy. From his observations of the class, he hadn't expected her to be this open and friendly. It was a surprise, but not all that bad.

"I...play different things. I like strategy games and rpgs. Fighting games are fun too."

He wasn't sure of what else to say. The whole situation had erupted far from what he'd first expected. He had expected to just browse the shop and head home afterwards. An encounter with a classmate who shared his interests had not been anticipated. He inwardly chuckled at the hilarity of fate and tried to continue the conversation.

"So what kinds are you into then?"

Stats:

(D)
(D)
(B+)
(B+)
(D)

EA's in Inventory:
Kuro
Senior

Character Stats
Burst Points:
100/300  (100/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceAlabasa on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:59 am

With a big smile on her face she paid attention as he mentioned that he liked strategy games, RPGs and fighters. All those genres are good and she nodded. When he asked her what games she liked she began to talk.

"I like almost every genre of game, but my favorite would have to be games with customization, a big open world and that make you feel powerful. But in terms of genres it be open world games, action games, RPGs, puzzle game, fighters and some strategy games. They can be pretty fun if they are made well."

She nodded to her self as she began to walk and take her games to the counter, and quickly buy them. As she carried her games in her bag she went back to Kuro.

"So, what games are you getting today?"

That question was asked with a slight tilt of her head.
AliceAlabasa
Starter

Character Stats
Level:
Burst Points:
300/300  (300/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:09 am

Kuro didn't have much else to do, so he followed along and waited as Alice made her purchase. When she was done and back, he scratched his cheek in a small fit of fidgeting.

"I didn't have anyone to hang out with today, so I just came here to browse. There's not really much I need to get at this time."

He wondered as he talked if he was wearing down her patience. He was not very interesting and didn't contribute much in the nature of conversation topics. His vision wandered around as he tried to come up with something to add.

"I'll probably just end up playing a game for the rest of the day. I don't really know. Didn't put much thought into it past this shop to be honest."

Stats:

(D)
(D)
(B+)
(B+)
(D)

EA's in Inventory:
Kuro
Senior

Character Stats
Burst Points:
100/300  (100/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceAlabasa on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:18 am

"Oh, well maybe we could hang out some before you go home and play your games? I mean if that's alright with you.."

Her eyes kind of seemed to look around too, as if she was unsure if she should have asked that. Why should they hang out? They don't really know each other, but then again wouldn't they have to hang out to get to know each other? All this was beginning to confuse her and she slowly became more and more apparently awkward.

"If you don't want to that's fine, we could just go our separate ways and see each other at school later. If you'd like that instead.."

Alice's smile started to look a little awkward as she became more embarrassed. Now it was becoming clear that she really was pretty shy, and was having some trouble keeping up the conversation.
AliceAlabasa
Starter

Character Stats
Level:
Burst Points:
300/300  (300/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:44 am

The growing stretches of silence between the two as they struggled against their normal asocial tendencies were making the conversation in the game shop more and more awkward. Kuro was surprised about her offer, but strangely enough didn't feel against it that much.

"Alright. Like I said, I don't have any further plans for the day."

At least not that would require long stretches of time. He had been thinking that if they parted, he'd just go home and log into Brain Burst and try to find a few matches. But that could be done easily with very little spare time just by accelerating. He was glad that she hadn't pried into what game he meant. He wasn't confident in his skills to make up a convincing lie on the spot to throw her off the trail.

"So...where would you like to go hang out?"

He said as he walked to the door and politely held it open for her to go first.

Stats:

(D)
(D)
(B+)
(B+)
(D)

EA's in Inventory:
Kuro
Senior

Character Stats
Burst Points:
100/300  (100/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceAlabasa on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:24 am

When Kuro agreed to hang out with her , her awkwardness had begone to fade away. Her usual smile took its place on her face again as she nodded and said.

"Well, maybe we could go to a retro style arcade, or maybe go and get a snack. Whichever one you'd prefer."

She thanked him as she went through the door he had kindly opened for her, and when outside she turned and waited for Kuro to come along.  Her bag of games was now being held in her right hand as she placed her left hand into the pocket of her teal colored wind breaker.

"So, You are pretty quiet at school too aren't you? Guess we both have trouble getting along with people don't we?"

She lightly chuckled as she said that, in a innocent childish way.
AliceAlabasa
Starter

Character Stats
Level:
Burst Points:
300/300  (300/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:46 am

"We both like games, so why not try the arcade?"

Kuro walked at an easy pace, in no real hurry to get where they were going. He made sure not to get too far from Alice so that they wouldn't get separated in the crowd of mall shoppers. He thought about her questions for a few seconds, not sure what he should say that wouldn't make him sound weird or pathetic.

"Yeah, I stopped trying to talk with others at school a long time ago. I had some bad experiences before. And it's not like I don't want to get along with others. It's just that.....people are cruel."

Kuro stopped talking at this point. He was a calm person on the surface, even now. But thinking back on all the years of hurtful verbal abuse he'd suffered was beginning to spawn the pools of suppressed rage that awoke when he remembered those times. He took a deep breath and got his emotions back under control. Putting on a smile for reassurance, he tried to get back into the conversation.

"So is there any reason that you aren't closer to others? You don't have to tell me if you don't want. I know that some things are hard to talk about."

Stats:

(D)
(D)
(B+)
(B+)
(D)

EA's in Inventory:
Kuro
Senior

Character Stats
Burst Points:
100/300  (100/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceAlabasa on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:36 am

Nodded as she walked with him to the arcade, trying her best to avoid bumping into anyone or getting lost from Kuro, she would look at him  every now and then as he talked, to show she was paying attention. She could understand where he was coming from, humans are pretty cruel creatures after all. When he asked her the same question, she thought for a second.

"Well, partly for the same reason as you, but with a little more added to it.."

Her smile slowly began to fade away as she sighed, clinging tightly to her bag with her games. She seemed to be aggressively griping the handle of the plastic bag. But soon she calmed down and let her grip up a little.

"I..hate my body..I can't do much of anything that most people can, I can't even handle running or lifting anything that's kind of heavy. Because my body is so pathetic I kind of feel like I'm..Just, inferior to everyone else."

Used her free hand to moved her hair out of her eyes and was getting her smile back.

"But anyway, We're here."

She stated as she opened the door and wlaked into the arcade.
AliceAlabasa
Starter

Character Stats
Level:
Burst Points:
300/300  (300/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:03 am

Kuro had to admit to himself, the two of them were very similar.  She seemed to have similar hurts in her past as him.  But as he listened to her talk, something else became apparent.  She was pretty down on herself.  Kuro himself didn't have the best self confidence, but Alice's feelings seemed like she really thought she was almost nothing.

"Thats....pretty rough."  He stopped himself from what he originally was going to say.  That she didn't have to go as far as hating herself because of a weaker composition than most people.  But butting into her personal problems like that when they had just started to talk today felt like it would be stretching things quite a bit.  He was only more than happy when the subject ended and they arrived at the arcade.  Kuro stepped in and took a look around.

"So what game would you like to play first?"

Stats:

(D)
(D)
(B+)
(B+)
(D)

EA's in Inventory:
Kuro
Senior

Character Stats
Burst Points:
100/300  (100/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceAlabasa on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:20 am

She walked into the arcade and smiled as she looked through rows of retro arcade games, she would think as she was walking. Alice was trying to find a good game both fo them could enjoy, so a two-player one would be a good idea.

"So, maybe a fighter would do. But you should know, I'm pretty good at fighters."

With a childish smile she looked around for a fighting game, eventually she found what seemed like a good one and took her place as player one, inserting her coins and grinning again.

"Ready?"

She was getting her character ready as she waited for Kuro to insert his coin and do the same.
AliceAlabasa
Starter

Character Stats
Level:
Burst Points:
300/300  (300/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:31 pm

"Oh nice. I've never played this one before."

Kuro was willing to try a new game out any day. He took his position at the console next to Alice and payed his way into the game. Looking over the characters, he couldn't decide on what he wanted to use. His lack of previous experience was making him overly critical in trying to decide what character would be best. Looking at the countdown and seeing that he had run most of the time to decide out, he went with a new approach. Kuro moved the player two cursor over to the "Random" block and didn't hesitate before locking it in. Now he waited for the game to start and see what he'd got.

Stats:

(D)
(D)
(B+)
(B+)
(D)

EA's in Inventory:
Kuro
Senior

Character Stats
Burst Points:
100/300  (100/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceAlabasa on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Alice had looked over the characters stats and went with the fastest character that the game has, after they both had their characters ready the game would give the option of choosing a stage, or letting the game decide. She just let the game decide it on random and smiled as the game started up. The stage was a pretty big one with a few breakable objects and such, it also had higher and lower floors you could go on, it was 2.5D graphics and gameplay wise, 3D modules and such in a 2D view and had more then just fighting for a fighting game, it also included some stratgey and planning if you wanted it to with certain activatable events and hazards. It had a three minute time limit ,and under the health bar was the SP bar and below that was stock points, which could be used for the ultimate attacks. When the game started Alice had rushed in and began to attack with her characters high speed.

"Seems like they were really trying more then just fighting to a fighting game, and the game lookds nice too."
AliceAlabasa
Starter

Character Stats
Level:
Burst Points:
300/300  (300/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:32 pm

The game started and Kuro got a good look at his character.  And to be honest, he wasn't that pleased.  The game had stuck him with a big bulky looking character who, upon testing his movement out when the match was started, was very slow.  He immediately had to throw up his guard and try taking a barrage of blows that came from Alice's quick character right from the start.

"Hmmm...this will be difficult."

Kuro remained calm and turned his focus towards Alice's character rather than his own.  It was quick, but to give it that agility it was lightly armored and small in size.  To be honest, it looked like a child next to Kuro's big character.  Kuro formed his strategy quickly.

The character is slow, but I am not.

Kuro was persistent with his blocking, not taking any risks and continuing to hold against Alice's assault.  He kept his eye on her movements and acted accordingly, shifting his guard position high and low to minimize damage from the whole encounter, waiting for an opportunity to strike.

Stats:

(D)
(D)
(B+)
(B+)
(D)

EA's in Inventory:
Kuro
Senior

Character Stats
Burst Points:
100/300  (100/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceAlabasa on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:47 pm

Her character quick attacks kept up and tried to get past Kuro's guard, but eventually she stopped attack and instead had her character face away from Kuro's and then do a big backflip to leap past him, in mid air her character would deliver a dive kick halfway before she landed, cutting off her jump in order to try and get a hit in past her guard.

"This game isn't too hard to learn how to play, this character plays pretty similar a character from a diffrent game i played."

Regardless of if her character's attack managed to get in, she had her character to back flips and eventually crashing through the window of a building on the farther side of the map, ending up on the second floor and picked up a barrel from the room. She then had her character jump out of the window and fling the barrel at Kuro's character.
AliceAlabasa
Starter

Character Stats
Level:
Burst Points:
300/300  (300/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:19 pm

"You're pretty good."

Kuro was getting pressed and he knew it.  Like in many games, the guard function in this one wasn't perfect.  Tiny slivers of damage were being worn away from his health bar as he remained on the defensive.  He had to find a time to attack.  He found his chance when she broke off her attack and faced the other way.

Kuro kept an eye on Alice and launched his attack as her character went to jump over him.  Jumping up himself, which was much lower of a jump because of his size, he struck with a rising uppercut to try and knock her out of the air.  His punch met with her sudden dive kick, resulting in a dual exchange of damage.  Kuro was happy to see that his character's attack rating was high, and the damage he received was much lower.

The assault was not over from Alice as she temporarily retreated and returned with a barrel.  The object was flung at Kuro's character's head making him quickly punch out to intercept and destroy it.  He took a bit of damage, but not as much as he would have from an unguarded hit.  Kuro took a deep breath and relaxed just a bit, the tension of the first exchange letting up for a bit until Alice brought her character back again.

Stats:

(D)
(D)
(B+)
(B+)
(D)

EA's in Inventory:
Kuro
Senior

Character Stats
Burst Points:
100/300  (100/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceAlabasa on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Her character had quickly made her way to Kuro's character and ducked down, trying to knock him off balance with a sweep kick, and then side stepped behind him. Alice resumed her attack from the other side, and was getting ready to unless whatever one of her char's special attack was.

"Alright, this'll be fun."

The speedy character jumped high into the air and launched it self at Kuro's character again, surronded by lightning and getting ready to crash right into him.
AliceAlabasa
Starter

Character Stats
Level:
Burst Points:
300/300  (300/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:15 pm

"Things are so much simpler when I actually am the..."

Kuro realized that he was speaking aloud something he shouldn't and silenced himself before going on the defensive again.  He was able to use his own self to follow Alice's movements, so his guard was able to keep up with her kick and evasive movements to maintain balance, but he was only putting himself back at square one.  His damage was piling up and very soon, Alice launched her special move.

Seeing her propel herself into the air, Kuro remembered her dive kick from before and initiated his own special move with a few clicks of the controls.  Just as Alice was covered in lightning, Kuro's own character suddenly had his arms coated in solid rock as he made an uppercut like before, pushed higher by a jet of steam erupting from the back of his elbow.  The two met and the screen burst into flashes of light and color as the two special moves met each other in midair and sent the characters flying from the point of impact.  Kuro's face fell as he saw that all the accumulated damage had finally done his character in.  He crashed to the street surface, not to rise again.  Kuro let out a sigh of acceptance mixed with relief.

"Oh well."

Stats:

(D)
(D)
(B+)
(B+)
(D)

EA's in Inventory:
Kuro
Senior

Character Stats
Burst Points:
100/300  (100/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceAlabasa on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Alice had a serious look on her face as her character's special move collided with Kuro's, causing bright flashy lights to take up alot the screen until it ended. Both characters had been knocked away, and Alice's had barely manage to survive with a sliver of health remaining. The character took on a proud victorious pose as the screen flashed the yellow and black text that stated "Player 1 Wins." and it gave a ranking, considering that the characters health was pretty low she ended up with a pretty low rank, but got bonus points for how fast the match ended.

"So, what do you want to do now?"

She smiled as she turned to Kuro and asked this, the arcade game was showing the good old ten second count down to put more coins in to have another battle while in the background some very fast actiony music blasted. She looked around from where she was sitting maybe checking for other games, or thinking if they should do someting else.
AliceAlabasa
Starter

Character Stats
Level:
Burst Points:
300/300  (300/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:44 pm

Kuro breathed again, relieved that Alice didn't seem to have picked up on his slip up from earlier.  He had been dangerously close to talking about Brain Burst.  That was something that was not for the ears of outsiders.  At least that's what Akira had told him.  Kuro wasn't sure of how closely guarded a secret it was or should be.  He congratulated Alice on her victory and joined her in looking around the arcade for a new activity.  He noticed a row of booths against the wall with a sign over them stating that they were virtual booths meant to be used in conjunction with the nerve gear.

That sounds like a midway point between old fashioned games and Brain Burst!

Kuro got excited on the inside as he thought that Alice and himself could both enjoy this.  He took her by the hand and pointed his other over towards the booths.

"Want to give those a try?"

Heading over to the row, Kuro selected what looked like another fighting game, but with a specific medieval/fantasy appearance type to it.  Taking a seat inside, he connected his gear wirelessly to the booth's system and was thrust into a virtual space with a formless void of space and grid lines as a message popped up with a floating digital screen telling him to choose his class of warrior.  He waited for Alice to log in before proceeding.

Stats:

(D)
(D)
(B+)
(B+)
(D)

EA's in Inventory:
Kuro
Senior

Character Stats
Burst Points:
100/300  (100/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceAlabasa on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:55 pm

Alice was looking around before Kuro suddenly grabbed her hand and told her about the nerve gear game, she nodded and stated

"That should be fun, let's go try it."

And took her place in the booth, connecting to the game and picking one of the quickest classes the game had to offer, so she ended up taking the rough class.As she popped into the game she would look at Kuro and see what he was like, and got a idea of what class he had chosen. The games avatar of her smiled as she got out her dual short sword and said "So, you ready for this?" sticking her tongue out in a innocoent and childish way as she got ready.
AliceAlabasa
Starter

Character Stats
Level:
Burst Points:
300/300  (300/300)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:09 am

Seeing Alice join him in the space, Kuro proceeded with his class choice.  The normal warrior types were all available, as well as some that were more foreign than the average medieval game.  Knights, beserkers, archers, samurais and many more were available to play.  Kuro flipped through the lot of them, getting an idea for what he wanted to play as.

When it's all said and done, I like playing as my avatar...

Kuro chuckled as he selected a thin and quick looking warrior.  But it wasn't speed he was after.  This warrior was equipped with a pair of katar in his hands.  This was a lot like his Brain Burst avatar's clawed hands.  With both of them having chosen their avatars, the formless space digitized and formed a wide grassy plain with the two of them standing there in their avatars, facing each other.

"I'm ready," he replied to Alice's earlier question. "But are you?"

Taking the first initiative, he sprinted forward with his new avatar's katars at the ready.  Each was like a short knife extending from his fists as he bore down on Alice's position and opened up with a stabbing punch at her chest.

Stats:

(D)
(D)
(B+)